- to see more photos of the High Ropes Course click here…
High Ropes-Courses, I have a continual struggle with using them for Team-Building.
I was really against it then Christine (my wife) went away for a Leadership Training with her work. She called me and shared the wonderful experience she had on a High Ropes Course…and that shook my thinking.
High Ropes Courses are most effective for individual vs. element issues (i.e., identifying what’s holding you back from moving forward, getting over fears, and moving forward); it helps leaders create new pathways for thinking and behavior. Ropes Courses are also beneficial for creating a strong bond within a group. When properly sequenced they help teammates better trust one another.
- Enhanced trust, support and encouragement between team members.
- Appreciation for the unique strengths and contributions that each person has.
- Confidence and courage to try new processes and ideas.
- Enhanced feeling of culture and team connection.
- Amazing shared memories that will last.
I know the above statements to be true…
Please share your ideas on the value of High Ropes Courses for Corporate Development; Youth Development; and other applications that you are familiar with. I am curious to hear what you think?
michael cardus is create-learning