One of the most valuable things I have learned is that organizations, teams, and people all really want to do their best work.
And, in a workshop or consultation or coaching meeting we can create a system-that-drives the desired behaviors. BUT when people go back to their workplaces that’s when the real learning and system change takes place.
My promise to all the teams and people I Serve ♥
1. If you refuse to do anything different, you will remain at the same place you were when we started.
2. If you refuse to try to apply the tools and ideas to your work, then you will remain at the same place you were when we started; Your organization and team are changing, they are NOT standing still. In order for the team and you to flourish some things must change.
3. If I cannot communicate and deliver methods, tools, coaching that you find useful, tell me right away and let’s work to find something better.
4. We are in a reciprocal relationship and have to talk honestly, often and regularly.
5. Your output and learning are directly correlated to our communication and you trying the material and tools in your day to day work.
6. I will do all I can to make myself available, and I REALLY want to meet and work with you.
7. You have to make yourself available, and REALLY want to meet and work with me.
8. If you are the person paying for the program and / or a manager and you state state ‘this training is not important’ or refuse to try and reinforce the materials with your staff, the training will not work. You have more power over your people than I do.
9. I really do care for your group and team and will promise you that I will put all my effort into working with you to achieve your goals.
10. My job is to support you in doing your job PLEASE let me, work with me to show me how we can do that, together.
What do you think?
Are those 10 promises fair? What would you add? Subtract?
michael cardus is create-learning
- Favorites of 2012: Images Used in Team Building, Leadership, Innovation Workshops & Speeches
- Favorites of 2012: Team Building and Leadership Blog Articles
- Trust, Management, Complexity, Organization Development and Team Building…Charts
- Management vs. Leadership. Like Two Unicorns Sexting
- Your Quick Fixes are Exacerbating Your Organizational and Team Problems