Why It’s Important?
• People on teams must have clear lines of accountability and authority; they must know who does what, by when, within prescribed standards and limits. People on teams need to know what they are individually responsible for as well as what others expect from them. People on teams need to see the connection of the team’s, their own, and the organization’s goals for the work to be valued, and accomplished within quality and time specifications.
• This process makes your team better.
What Is It?
• A 7-step prescriptive model that illustrates steps and observed work behavior once each step has been accomplished
• Tools and techniques to create and lead resonant, high performance teams that produce results and profit
• Methods of increasing retention of talent, decreasing completion time of projects and tasks, and improving satisfaction with work and life, thereby making your organization, team, and you better and more profitable
• Leadership methods of honing, using and developing interpersonal and political skills that are needed for more than successful completion of projects and goals, leading to an increase in your value to the team and organization
Who Is It For?
• People who lead or work on any kind of team and need teamwork to accomplish shared and individual goals
What Are the Outcomes?
• How to develop and lead high performance teams using a prescriptive model
• Facilitative leadership of teams
• Effective prevention of and intervention methods for maladaptive team member behaviors
• Steps to create buy-in for the team projects from people who are outside the team
How much time is needed?
• Recommended classroom time of 6 hours, with an additional 4 to 6 hours of application coaching and development
What will we do?
• Use an interactive format combining team building activities and simulations
• Co-develop a Team Performance Model that is able to be immediately transferred to the team and team success
• Active discussion, based upon the 7 Steps to High Performance Teams
• Complete action plans to move the team forward
• Have fun, laugh and build the team using real examples and real work